What we do
• ISEA provides advice on employment issues and entitlements to members.
• Support and advocate on behalf of members with employers including members who have employment issues and/or personal grievances.
• Bargain collectively on behalf of members (where we have successfully negotiated a Collective Agreement).
• Recruit actively and support members’ recruitment activity to increase the strength of the ISEA for members.
• Organise and train your school representatives.
• Lobby organisations such as Teachers Council, Ministry of Education, and Parliament on behalf of members.
• Negotiate benefits on behalf of members in partnership with NZEI and PPTA, existing benefits include:
HealthcarePlus Insurance (formerly EBS Healthcare), NZEI Holiday homes, AIL insurance, preferential mortgage rates, discounts at Specsavers, Card-Plus fuel card and other discounts.
• Communicate with members via newsletters, our website and through school visits from our staff.
Click here for more information about how to join ISEA